This plug-in is for version CC2015 up to CC2019.
Login to Adobe Add-ons and follow the instructions.
- Up to InDesign CC 2014: Download the installation file and install it to InDesign Plug-in folder or via Adobe Extension Manager.
See notes about installation troubleshooting.
- Start by setting up the WebProof preferences from the InDesign menu.
- The WebProof panel can be found under the Window menu.
- Fill in your personal WebProof user name, password and URL for the WebProof cloud you wish to access.
- Fill in the proxy server settings if necessary.
- Test if your settings are correct.
- Use "Send To":
WebProof - It will process the PDF and upload it directly to the WebProof cloud that is normally used for the Free, Basic and Enterprise versions.
Folder - It will upload the PDF to a specified folder on your computer or network.
InDesign Server - The InDesign server on the WebFlow server will automatically process the PDF and upload it to the WebProof cloud (only with the Platinum version).
FTP Server - It will upload the PDF to a specified FTP server.
- Choose the default status code for the upload.
- Select the option to change the status code when uploading.
- Choose the default Adobe PDF preset for the upload. The preset can be changed when uploading.
- Change to a default status code when opening the document (only with the Enterprise and Platinum versions). For example, if the status is set to "Design Change", then it will change in the WebProof cloud and show users that Designer is working on the document.
- For the Platinum version used with InDesign Server only, it will relink from a Windows path to a Mac path if the files are stored on a Windows server and used from Mac workstations.
12. Check what plug-in version is used.
13. Link and open the project directly in WebProof.
14. Upload your pages.
15. Refresh the panel list.
16. Choose the Adobe PDF preset (normally lowres is chosen).
17. Choose the page range. Specify pages by entering, e.g., 1-4,6,14-15.
NOTE: Be aware of the settings in "Numbering & Section Options":
A. "Start Section" starts from page 1.
B. "Page Numbering" starts at page 1.
C. "Style" is set to "1,2,3,4...".
18. Send your pages to WebProof.
Installation Troubleshooting Notes:
- If you can't install your extension using the CC Desktop App, follow these instructions to download the extension and install it with an Extension Install Utility.
Maximum upload file dimensions
The maximum upload file measures approximately 2x2m.
- Note: This depends of the file complexity. If the file is heavy and/or includes complex vectors, the maximum dimensions might be smaller. In some cases where the file is very light and/or very simple the dimensions might be slightly larger.
If your document dimensions are too great, we recommend that you make a resized version for proofing purposes only. This can be done like this:
- Create a PDF of your original document.
- Make a special document for proofing only and rename it appropriately. For example, add "50pct_version" to the filename in InDesign where you place the first PDF in, for example, 50% or 10%.
- Create a new PDF from this document and upload to WebProof.
- Every time you update the original document and export the PDF, you can just open the "50pct_version" and export an updated PDF for proofing.
Note: If you experience problems when uploading many pages (100 +/-) we recommend that you divide it in smaller batches.
If you want to reduce the PDF file size, we recommend that you use a small PDF Export Preset like "Smallest file size." You can also reduce a PDF file that is already created by opening it in Adobe Acrobat, choosing "File/Save As." and checking "Reduce File Size."