The Free and Basic versions differ from the Enterprise and Platinum versions by being simpler to set up. The setup in these versions is easy to manage and does not require any preparation.
When you have signed up for the Free WebProof, you will receive a verification email where you will be being asked to verify your email address.
When that’s done, you will receive a welcome email with your WebProof address and login information.
Follow this quick guide and, from scratch, you’ll be started within a few minutes.
Project Manager Quick Guide video
Watch other videos and share it with your clients.
Compare the features of all the different versions here.
1. CREATE USERS
- All users are located under "Navigator/Settings/Users", divided in “Clients” and “Internal users” folders.
- It is recommended that you create new groups (folders) to organize customers (Basic version). To do this, right-click on “Clients” and select "New Group...". Name the new folder as per the customer name and click "OK". The customer will be created in the “Clients” folder.
By doing this, you can easily control the permissions of a group (folder) of users in your workspace.
- Right-click on the folder that you want the new user to be created in. Select "New User... ".
- Populate the fields in the displayed dialog.
Note that "Username" and "Password" are case-sensitive and that the password must be at least five characters. Note that duplicate usernames in WebProof are not permitted.
It is important that the "E-mail" and "Mobile/SMS" fields are populated to use the "Notifications" function. The country code must ALWAYS be populated.
- Assign a role to the user and click "OK". The role of “Client” is for your customers, or internal “Clients” could be the proofers. An “Internal role” is for the designer, project manager, etc.
NOTE: Remember to create client users and internal users in their respective folders.
If you are using WebProof for internal proofing, a client could be represented as an internal proofreader instead. However, it is important to be aware that users in the client folder receive the NEW PROOF notifications and users in the internal users folder receive the CORRECTIONS and APPROVED notifications.
2. SETUP YOUR FOLDER STRUCTURE
- All projects are located under "Navigator/Projects" and divided in customer folders (or job-subfolders).
- When creating a new customer/job folder, right-click either on the folder in the level above or on "Projects" at the top of the list and select "New Group... ".
- Name the new folder as per the customer or job name and click "OK".
- The required folder structure is now created.
You can create as many folders/subfolders as you want. See below on how to set permissions and control which folders the clients/users can see.
3. ATTACHING USERS TO A PROJECT FOLDER
- When created under “Navigator/Settings/Users", the user can be attached to the required folder under “Navigator/Projects".
It is not possible to attach a user to a project – only to a folder.
When attached to a folder, the user will be able to see all projects and subfolders under it.
Consider if the user should be attached to the main customer folder or only the appropriate project subfolder.
- Right-click the folder to which the user will be attached. Select "Permissions".
- The list of users created under “Navigator/Settings/Users" is now displayed. Find the user or folder to attach. Right-click and select "Attach".
- The user/folder is now attached to the project.
- A folder name in bold means that it is attached, which also means so are all users in that folder.
- A folder name in normal type means that not all users in the folder are attached. When the folder is opened, the attached users will appear in bold text.
- A folder name in grey means that no users in the folder are attached.
4. CREATE PROJECT
- Right-click the customer folder and select "New Project... ".
- Name the project.
- Enter the number of pages.
For example, if the project will contain 24 pages, enter "1-24" and not just ‘24’.
(The system must know how the pages in a project will be numbered/designated. If "5-8" has been entered instead, a project containing eight pages will still have been created but the system would number the first page "5" and the last page "8").
- Click "OK".
- The project is ready.
5. UPLOAD FILE
The pages can also be uploaded directly from InDesign plug-in or Illustrator plug-in.
- Select the created project in the customer's folder, located under “Navigator/Projects".
- To upload consecutive pages (for example pages “1” to “24”), click page “1” then hold the shift key and click page “24”.
To upload individual pages (for example, page “1” and page “3”), hold the ctrl key (cmd on Mac) and click the required pages. Right-click on one of the highlighted pages and select "Upload".
Alternatively, you can enter “1-24” in the toolbar and click the "Upload" icon.
- Select NEW PROOF status for the pages being uploaded.
- Click the “Choose File” button and find the PDF file which is to be uploaded.
- Click "Upload".
- Do not close the upload window when it is in progress. However, you can continue to work in WebProof or other programs, or even upload additional files.
When the file has been uploaded to WebProof, a status window is displayed that can be closed once it has been read.
- When the file has been uploaded, click the toolbar’s "Refresh" icon after a couple of minutes (smaller files may require less time). The uploaded pages are now shown as thumbnails.
If the user(s) is created with an email address, they will automatically receive a notification and can immediately start proofing.
- The internal user will upload all pages to NEW PROOF status.
- The internal user can also invite a temporary user (express user).
- Client users (or express users) receive a notification. They click on the link provided in this and go directly to the project.
- If client users (or express users) have comments, the statuscode shall be changed to CORRECTION. Multiple users can make comments simultaneously*.
- Client users (or express users) can approve the page with statuscode to APPROVED.
- The internal user receives a notification when the status is changed to CORRECTION or APPROVED.
- The internal user emends the changes to the document and uploads a new version to NEW PROOF (step 1).
The cycle continues until all pages are in an APPROVED status.
- The internal user is ready to publish the PDF or Page-flip.
Note: Notifications will be delivered every 15 minutes when status changes happen.
* If multiple users are making comments to the same page, make sure that they agree on who should change the statuscode.
USER ROLES & RIGHTS FOR FREE AND BASIC VERSIONS
|Role||FREE Client||BASIC Client||
|View Users and Status Codes Settings||√||√|
|View/modify User profile||√||√||√||√|
|Windows Live Monitor||√||√|
|View Group Overveiw||√||√||√||√|
|Project - Can view||√||√||√||√|
|Project - Can Add New, Modify/ Delete/ Move||√||√|
|Project - Can Move to/ from archive||√|
|Project Group - Can list folder contents||√||√||√||√|
|Project Group - Add New, Modify/ Delete/ Move||√||√|
|Project Group - Move to/from archive||√|
|Notes Public - Can View/ Add Note/ Add Attachment||√||√||√||√|
|Can view Stickers||√||√||√||√|
|Can set status codes APPROVED and CORRECTION||√||√||√||√|
|Can set status codes NEW PROOF||√||√|
|Preview - Can Open, Compare, View History, Draw Lines||√||√||√||√|
|Sticky Notes - Can View/ Translate/ Add New/ Add attachment/ Add proof Marks/ Edit own/ Delete own||√||√||√||√|
|Download - Can Open as PDF and Download to Disk||√||√||√||√|
|Upload and Print - Can Upload new File and make WebProof Print||√||√|
|Add Express User||√||√|
|Page Actions - Can Move pages and Delete pages||√||√|