- The "Roles" folder is located under "Settings". Roles can be compared with masters to identify the permissions that a user must be given. Creating roles for new users saves time and minimises inconvenience, as the user just needs to be assigned to a previously-created role that gives the required permissions.
The roles that can be given to users are located in the "Roles" folder.
Note: Creating roles is not available in FREE and BASIC WebProof versions. See more about FREE and BASIC setup here.
- To create a new role, right-click on the folder and select "Add Role... ".
- Name the new role and click "OK". A new role is created in the folder.
- To edit a role, Right-click it and select "Properties".
Role properties menu
- Three areas (tabs) contain checkboxes that must be set to "Allow" or "Deny", according to the permissions that the role must contain.
The following roles show the typical permissions given to a customer
- Allows user to add a folder under "Projects" in the root folder.
- Allows user to the "Archive" area.
- Allows user to the "Settings" area, including the submenu items.
- Allows user to make changes to his/her own profile.
- Allows user to make changes to "System Settings".
- Gives user access to "Live Monitor".
- Gives user access to "Summary" and "Group overview".
- Gives user access to access to the "Toolbar".
- Gives user access to 3D Publish and 3D Admin.
Permissions - General
"General" under "Permissions" tab
Three sub-tabs exist under the "Permissions" tab. First, the "General" tab All 3 sub-tabs under "Permissions" must be completed for "Active" projects. The 3 subtabs under "Archive" must also be populated.
for roles that require access to the "Archive"
1. Allows user to create/delete projects.
2. "List Folder Contents" must ALWAYS be ticked
3. Allows user to move/delete folders/groups.
Permissions - Thumbnails
"Thumbnails" under "Permissions" tab
- Public notes:
Allows user to view notes.
Allows user to add a note.
Allows user to attach a file to a note.
These notes are not displayed on the preview page, only in the note box.
- In-house notes:
(internal notes that are normally only viewable in-house).
Allows user to view in-house notes.
Allows user to add a in-house note.
Allows user to attach a file to an in-house note.
- Allows user to view the yellow stickers attached to the preview page.
- Allows user to access status codes when "Set status" is selected. Note that the "Set status" dropdown can be populated with other values, such as "Hide pages" and "Lock pages", depending on the available modules.
When a Status Flow is attached to a project, the Break Out function gives the user the rights to overrule the permissions and set all status codes.
- Allows user to use the Compare function.
- Allows user to view and add sticky notes (comments).
- Allows user to edit or delete their own sticky notes.
Allows user to edit or delete sticky notes created by other users.
- Allows user to open pages in a project as a PDF file and save the PDF file on a local hard disk.
- Allows user upload a new PDF file to a project.
- Allows user to add an express user.
- Allows user to print pages and sticky notes.
- Allows user to move pages.
- Allows user to change the name of a thumbnail
(only relevant for auto-creation via the WebFlow workflow).
- Allows user to delete versions and entire pages.
Permissions - Permissions
"Permissions" under the "Permissions" tab
All permissions in this tab are primarily for users with administrative permissions.
- Allows user to access the "General" and "Thumbnails" tabs.
- Allows user to access the "Permissions" tab.
- Allows user to access the "Users" user area.
Here rules can be set to control the security.